The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

What are the minors modules at lancaster uni

Does anyone have a list of all the minor modules offered to undergraduates at lancaster?
Hello @little,

I do believe the available minors depend on the course and prerequisites you have - there is more information here. I enrolled for my minor in Welcome Week of my first year and this is where I found out all of my available options.

Best of luck with choosing your minor and if you have any more questions about Lancaster, feel free to ask below!

Charlie :smile:
2nd Year Finance & Economics BSc
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hello @little,

I do believe the available minors depend on the course and prerequisites you have - there is more information here. I enrolled for my minor in Welcome Week of my first year and this is where I found out all of my available options.

Best of luck with choosing your minor and if you have any more questions about Lancaster, feel free to ask below!

Charlie :smile:
2nd Year Finance & Economics BSc

Are minors compulsory during the first year at Lancs?
Original post by martial-miscarri
Are minors compulsory during the first year at Lancs?

Hi,
For certain courses they will be, whilst others do not have minors. For example, natural sciences and physics do not have minors whilst computer science does. For a course such as computer science, a minor is compulsory. This is because in each year, you have to study a total of 120 credits. However, some first year courses only offer 80 credits worth of modules, which means you have to take a minor. Your course page may include more information about this, and there will be talks during welcome week.
Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending