The Student Room Group

Could i study chemistry with this subject combination?

I take Biology, Chemistry and Psychology (Edexcel International A-Levels). I’ve already given my AS exams and was wondering if it is feasible for me to enroll into a university as a chemistry student with this combination.
Reply 1
id say most places would accept that! depends on individual unis, id suggest looking at the requirements for different unis offering the course but based on friend's experience, that should work!
Reply 2
Original post by r1dofme
id say most places would accept that! depends on individual unis, id suggest looking at the requirements for different unis offering the course but based on friend's experience, that should work!

Wow, thank you! I spent an entire year beating myself up over this. Will follow your advice - thank you!
I applied to study chemistry at uni this year. Most of the requirements are an a level in chemistry and one other scientific subject such as biology, physics, maths, further maths etc. I think that most of the places I checked didn't list psychology as one though, but you may want to check that for yourself. Since you have chemistry and biology it sounds like you will be fine. I got offers and I took chemistry maths and music so don't beat yourself up about it! Good luck with your A levels :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Procrastinator.I
I applied to study chemistry at uni this year. Most of the requirements are an a level in chemistry and one other scientific subject such as biology, physics, maths, further maths etc. I think that most of the places I checked didn't list psychology as one though, but you may want to check that for yourself. Since you have chemistry and biology it sounds like you will be fine. I got offers and I took chemistry maths and music so don't beat yourself up about it! Good luck with your A levels :smile:

Will do! Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest