The Student Room Group

Does Paragraphing my personal statement matter?

I've basically finished my personal statement at this point, and I went to put it on the UCAS website to make sure it was within the parameters. I am under the character limit but 3 lines over the line limit. I could fit everything if I unparagraphed it, but I don't know if that'd effect anything or if universities would not like that.
Original post by Jakeh58
I've basically finished my personal statement at this point, and I went to put it on the UCAS website to make sure it was within the parameters. I am under the character limit but 3 lines over the line limit. I could fit everything if I unparagraphed it, but I don't know if that'd effect anything or if universities would not like that.

Paragraphs matter
Reply 2
Original post by Jakeh58

Are you adding blank lines between your paragraphs? If so, delete them. You can just start a new line for each paragraph. Might not look as neat to you, but they don't expect blank lines, as otherwise you will go over the line limit before the character limit.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by lalexm
Are you adding blank lines between your paragraphs? If so, delete them. You can just start a new line for each paragraph. Might not look as neat to you, but they don't expect blank lines, as otherwise you will go over the line limit before the character limit.

That's a great idea, I have no idea why I didn't consider that, as if I do that I should be under the limit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending