The Student Room Group

Does not adding paragraphs effect my chances at university

Hi , I didn’t add paragraphs to my personal statement because we only had 47 lines and with the paragraphs my work ran over 7 lines . Also when I copy and pasted my work into UCAS it looked weird.

Like I can’t describe it in word but it looks like this

nonsense nonsensenonsensenonsense
nonsensenonsense
nonsensenonsensenonsensenonsense
nonsensenonsense
nonsensenonsensenonsensenonsense

I feel like if it wasn’t pasted this way then I would be able to add paragraphs and then my personal statement would look more well structured .

Should I bring this issue up with my UCAS advisor or just leave it . I’m kinda worried
It sounds like you were viewing UCAS on a small screen. If you zoom out of use a full size screen then the line breaks should show normally.

Are you saying that you didn’t include ANY paragraphs at all or just didn’t edit your PS down to include a blank line between each paragraph?

Which courses and universities have you applied to?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
It sounds like you were viewing UCAS on a small screen. If you zoom out of use a full size screen then the line breaks should show normally.

Are you saying that you didn’t include ANY paragraphs at all or just didn’t edit your PS down to include a blank line between each paragraph?

Which courses and universities have you applied to?

Hi , thank you for the reply

I was viewing my personal statement on a laptop so I don’t think it was due to my screen being small .
In my original draft my personal statement had paragraphs, but when I entered it into
UCAS it said I was 7 lines over so when I removed the blank lines it fit perfectly. So I’m guessing this means it has no paragraphs

I’ve applied for a courses in paramedic science

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending