The Student Room Group

Alevel Biology

When I do exam questions and practise questions, my teacher tells me that I need to be stern with myself since even though they understand my answer and thought process, the mark scheme does not include my response. I'm not sure if I should study from the mark scheme or how to ensure my responses fit the questions because it's so frustrating to realise i have so many mistakes. Unlike chemistry, the formulas and theory based and practical questions are so easy to understand and do.

- year 13
Original post by sailormoonmeow
When I do exam questions and practise questions, my teacher tells me that I need to be stern with myself since even though they understand my answer and thought process, the mark scheme does not include my response. I'm not sure if I should study from the mark scheme or how to ensure my responses fit the questions because it's so frustrating to realise i have so many mistakes. Unlike chemistry, the formulas and theory based and practical questions are so easy to understand and do.

- year 13

your teacher is 100% right. Having just done my A levels, i got an A* in biology and the way i revised was literally making flashcards from the exam questions. No matter how much you know the content, there is a way you have to phrase your answer to get top marks and that definitely comes to you the more past paper questions you do. I'd say if you're doing past papers and you're marking it yourself, be as strict as you can with your marking. i.e. if you didn't write it how it's written on the mark scheme, mark it as wrong! you'll learn from it by the time you do your real exams.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest