The Student Room Group

Should I remark my GCSEs?

Hi, i got a 98887776666 for my gcses which is quite upsetting as i was predicted 99998888887. I got into my sixth form and i'm doing the A levels that i want but i was just wondering whether it is worth it to get some of my papers remarked, specifically English as i got 66 when i was predicted 88. Also I'm looking to get into a top uni so would these affect my uni applications?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by xthundercloudx
Hi, i got a 98887776666 for my gcses which is quite upsetting as i was predicted 99998888887. I got into my sixth form and i'm doing the A levels that i want but i was just wondering whether it is worth it to get some of my papers remarked, specifically English as i got 66 when i was predicted 88. Also I'm looking to get into a top uni so would these affect my uni applications?

Well done on your great results.

Most Unis only look at your top 6 or 7 GCSE grades. Double check on the uni websites under the entry requirements for the subject that you are interested in. Usually, even for Russel group, they ask for a minimum of 5 GCSEs with a grade 4 or 5. That aside, there is also a risk of being marked down. And no, this won't affect your uni applications as long as you do well in your A-Levels and meet the entry requirements.

Hope this helps and good luck on your A-Levels.

Ps. just a personal view on this and I'm not an expert so please feel free to correct me.
Reply 2
Original post by xthundercloudx

Only get a remark depending on how far you were of the grade boundaries. If you were a few marks off why not.

Quick Reply

Latest