The Student Room Group

Is this a good plan after A levels? I’m worried

I’m in Yr13 I have exams for philosophy , politics and English language. I’m sure I’m going to fail philosophy.
If anyone is interested why it’s because I had poor attendance, poor organisation and poor revision throughout year 12 and 13.

This is my plan now:
- Take a year out after a levels to get my mental health under control (since I’m on a year long waiting list for therapy and psychiatrist rip :/ )
- Apply for jobs during that year and save up as much as I can
- When the next year comes, I will have hopefully been or soon to be seen by a psychiatrist and also have started therapy from cmht (hopefully)
- In that year I will start an access to HE course in engineering/combined sciences
- I will apply for a foundation year
- I apply for engineering/computer science/software engineering /some sort of computing/technology degree at UOB.

My only concern is how much student debt I’ll end up in, that’s the only thing putting me off university. I have the GCSE requirements for the foundation degree (have a 6 at maths/sciences)

I’m not the best at maths either, do I have to be great at it? What if I had tuition for maths too while I study?

I want to go to a good university but also don’t want to leave brum since I’m waiting for therapy/diagnosis here
(edited 12 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending