The Student Room Group

chemistry alevel?

in order to do medicine i pretty much need chemistry but have been told it’s really hard. it’s kind of putting me off but i know i need it so please help!!
I took chemistry at A-Level and I really enjoyed it and found it MUCH easier/more interesting than GCSE because you are taught the reasons for things rather than just being told you need to accept something as it is.
I think it really depends on your mindset, as long as you make sure to understand the fundamentals when you are taught them I think you will be absolutely fine and do great :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by annoymous72
in order to do medicine i pretty much need chemistry but have been told it’s really hard. it’s kind of putting me off but i know i need it so please help!!

A-Level Chemistry is difficult. However, it should be made clear that all the A-Levels are difficult. After all, A-Level is an abbreviation for ‘Advanced Level’ and it is intended to assess how prepared you are to progress a form of higher education or directly into the world of work.
Having said that, again like all A-Levels, if you enjoy the content, keep on top of the work and ask for help when you need it, there is no reason why you won't excel.

I've found this thread of yours:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7397153#post98794856

You shouldn't be pressured into choosing a degree and unfortunately it seems that pressure has worked.
Well I mean medicine as a degree is extremely difficult so it doesn't bode well for your uni experience if you're already reluctant to take chem because you've heard it's hard.

Quick Reply

Latest