The Student Room Group

Media studies as a fourth A-level

I just started year 13 recently and I am currently taking maths psychology economics and media. For my As grades I managed to achieve AAAB with B being in Media.
My question is that does having 4 a levels make my application more competitive even if It is a B in media or should I just drop it because it's seen as a weak subject to competitive unis aways?
Reply 1
Original post by pim1310
I just started year 13 recently and I am currently taking maths psychology economics and media. For my As grades I managed to achieve AAAB with B being in Media.
My question is that does having 4 a levels make my application more competitive even if It is a B in media or should I just drop it because it's seen as a weak subject to competitive unis aways?

My advice would be to drop media studies. Three A levels is all you need and all that unis will look at. Having a fourth A level will not make your application more competitive and you are right, media studies is largely viewed as a less academically rigorous” A level than your other three.

Quick Reply

Latest