The Student Room Group

Doctor or software engineer

Is software engineering easier than medicine
Easier how? To get into the degree? To complete the degree? To get a good job after the degree? Conceptually as an academic field?

This is really a question of how long a piece of string is.
Original post by Saira bano
Is software engineering easier than medicine

I really dont know how someone can be torn between these two subjects??? if you want to do medicine you need to be fully committed because its definitely not for those who are looking for an amazing salary
Reply 3
Original post by B7861
I really dont know how someone can be torn between these two subjects??? if you want to do medicine you need to be fully committed because its definitely not for those who are looking for an amazing salary

Yes u are right but I was in delima because I've always been fascinated by the technology but have zero knowledge in this feild and the reason is I always wanted to study medicine. I have already chosen medical feild but was just curious about the other people opinions 😊
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
Easier how? To get into the degree? To complete the degree? To get a good job after the degree? Conceptually as an academic field?

This is really a question of how long a piece of string is.

So according to your reply I think engineering is definitely not that easy like some people around me say...
So according to your reply I think engineering is definitely not that easy like some people around me say...

Much easier than medicine and much better work life balance
(edited 7 months ago)

Depends on your skillset and what you want to do, engineering is very broad and encompasses many different industries, applications & techniques.

for example quantitative high frequency algorithmic trading is an application of software engineering but unless you are the creme de la creme good luck being good enough to even to get an interview. Simultaneously there are people who do pretty low level software quality assurance - both can have the same degree & job title however the job difficulty and competency vary tremendously.

Quick Reply

Latest