The Student Room Group

pls helppp !! diagnostic radiography personal statement

hiya! I have no idea where to start with my personal statement or what I should include since its only 4k characters tbh, I haven't got any work experience for radiography yet hoping to get some soon (ie shadowing is just that okay or would I need some more work experience within radiography) but I do have work experience within the neurophysiology department in a hospital can I talk about that? I genuinely have no idea how I should start cos I wanna avoid the cliche "Since I was little... , I've always wanted... etc" please anyone everyone help thank youuuu lol !!
Heyy, I’m also applying for radiography! What unis are you applying to? I haven’t started my ps either but some people have told me to do the opening last, if that helps you. Tbh you probably can talk about neurophysiology experience once you reflect back on what you got from it.
hey! I'm thinking of possibly applying to leicester, leeds, liverpool, keele, nd maybe bcu as a safety net hbu? whenever I go to write my personal statement I get bored and leave it so I haven't gotten anywhere lmaoo, yh hopefully it should be fine to talk abt the neurophysiology experience, have u got any work experience for radiography?
Original post by claire.griffin
Heyy, I’m also applying for radiography! What unis are you applying to? I haven’t started my ps either but some people have told me to do the opening last, if that helps you. Tbh you probably can talk about neurophysiology experience once you reflect back on what you got from it.
Original post by giveonsupremacy
hey! I'm thinking of possibly applying to leicester, leeds, liverpool, keele, nd maybe bcu as a safety net hbu? whenever I go to write my personal statement I get bored and leave it so I haven't gotten anywhere lmaoo, yh hopefully it should be fine to talk abt the neurophysiology experience, have u got any work experience for radiography?

Ohhh I’m applying to robert gordon, queen margaret and glasgow cale and then I’m trying to choose between coventry, leeds, liverpool, bcu and Cardiff for my other two choices. I’m actually from Ireland so I have to look into the entry requirements and eligibility a bit more for the courses in england. I did manage to get one day of shadowing in my local hospital, with ct, xray and ultrasound but the radiographers said a bigger hospital would give me a much better insight but I haven’t been able to get anymore experience. I know some girls a few years ago had no clinical experience and they got accepted but I’d say it was mainly due to covid. Still no progress on my personal statement…aha
Original post by giveonsupremacy
hiya! I have no idea where to start with my personal statement or what I should include since its only 4k characters tbh, I haven't got any work experience for radiography yet hoping to get some soon (ie shadowing is just that okay or would I need some more work experience within radiography) but I do have work experience within the neurophysiology department in a hospital can I talk about that? I genuinely have no idea how I should start cos I wanna avoid the cliche "Since I was little... , I've always wanted... etc" please anyone everyone help thank youuuu lol !!

"I want to study DR because ..."

Have a look at the following thread regarding what is required for shadowing and work experience. Work experience in any public facing role is valid (not just in healthcare) - in retail, bars/restaurants, charity shop, etc.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7399893#post98811581

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending