The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Official University of Glasgow Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Are you doing Scottish curriculum or English? I find it so hard in Scottish system to work out whether a conditional might be offered. Good luck with meeting the condition and well done on the offer 😊

I’m doing the English curriculum as I’m from England, and thank you😊
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 21
Unconditional (three A stars in hand) for Sociology within 24 hours today 😁.
I received AAABC and am applying for Mathematics AND Business (or Economics).

I saw that the joint degree options required you to meet both grade requirements. However, I was very close and needed a B instead of a C for my course (grade requirements were AAABB).

I have taken three advanced Highers and a higher. Advanced maths, business and music, Higher economics.Will I still be considered for a place since it told me that it was the minimum requirement from s5? Thanks.
Reply 23
Got an unconditional for chemistry just there yay
Daughter (international student from US) got an unconditional offer for International Relations (SocSci) on 11/13 after applying on 11/9. Amazed that it came so quickly! Submitted SAT scores (1350) and AP scores (two 5s and two 4s); taking 5 AP courses this year. Waiting on Univ. of Edinburgh. Good luck to everyone!
Just sent in my application!
Reply 26
Original post by beth637
Got an unconditional for chemistry just there yay

My daughter has a conditional for chemistry so she might see you next year.
Has anyone applied to aerospace engineering and heard anything back, if so what grades are they asking for
Reply 28
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Glasgow Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Glasgow.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

I received a conditional offer for geography! I only applied yesterday :’)
Just got an unconditional for Economics!
Original post by Anonymous #6
Just got an unconditional for Economics!

How this quickly? I thought you have to wait until after 31 Jan?
I don't know how because normally they give out conditionals in around March as Economics is always one of the last ones, and I only submitted my application to UCAS a week ago.
Reply 32
Original post by Anonymous #1

I don't know how because normally they give out conditionals in around March as Economics is always one of the last ones, and I only submitted my application to UCAS a week ago
Daughter has been offered unconditional for maths and economics yesterday. Submitted UCAS around 8 days ago
Original post by epanglea
I don't know how because normally they give out conditionals in around March as Economics is always one of the last ones, and I only submitted my application to UCAS a week ago

Hopefully I get a response just as early as I just sent mine in a day ago.
is there a spreadsheet for glasgow already?
Recieved an unconditional for Physics with Astrophysics :>, wondering if anyone else has got the same?
Reply 37
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Glasgow Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Glasgow.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Hi, I just received an unconditional offer for a comparative literature MA and am so excited!
Original post by GoSy2195
Hi, I just received an unconditional offer for a comparative literature MA and am so excited!

Congratulations! That's amazing 😀 How are you celebrating?
submitted my ucas in nov and havent heard anything for psychology is this normal? im stressed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending