The Student Room Group

Access to HE Midwifery - UNIT 4 Question 3. Hubert Essay

HI, has anyone completed Unit 4, Question 3 of the access to HE - Midwifery please. I'm stuck! I've got to the part where you have to write an essay about Hubert. I've written the introduction but haven't got a clue how to start the main body of text. (its been a lot of years since I had to write an essay!)
Hi, sorry that you are stuck! I am probs not the ideal person to answer a Q relating to an emotion/feelings type of essay, but am going to attempt to give you a general idea [the last thing I am is a "midhusband" - I grudgingly did my 20 required deliveries as a medical student!]
The principle I use with any essay or even a lecture is:
1. Spell out what you are going to say/discuss [kinda brief list or intro [which you have already done]]
2. Say out in detail this material that you said you would discuss.
3. SUMMARY: just state again in brief what you just described in [2], and any outlook for research or for the future.

Depending what you said in your intro, you could start by saying something about MS that "Hubert"'s wife suffers from [spell out the pathological processes involved i.e. the demyelination basis], then outline the symptoms and signs of MS and the pathophysiogical mechanisms, followed by a kinda temporal sequence of how these difficulties might impact Hubert and their children, first in general terms, then more specifically in terms of the emotional consequences and fellings as stated in the Q.

I hope I am not moving you "from the oil to the fire" :colondollar: - if so please just ignore my post.

Good luck!
M
Reply 2
Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon
Hi, sorry that you are stuck! I am probs not the ideal person to answer a Q relating to an emotion/feelings type of essay, but am going to attempt to give you a general idea [the last thing I am is a "midhusband" - I grudgingly did my 20 required deliveries as a medical student!]
The principle I use with any essay or even a lecture is:
1. Spell out what you are going to say/discuss [kinda brief list or intro [which you have already done]]
2. Say out in detail this material that you said you would discuss.
3. SUMMARY: just state again in brief what you just described in [2], and any outlook for research or for the future.

Depending what you said in your intro, you could start by saying something about MS that "Hubert"'s wife suffers from [spell out the pathological processes involved i.e. the demyelination basis], then outline the symptoms and signs of MS and the pathophysiogical mechanisms, followed by a kinda temporal sequence of how these difficulties might impact Hubert and their children, first in general terms, then more specifically in terms of the emotional consequences and fellings as stated in the Q.

I hope I am not moving you "from the oil to the fire" :colondollar: - if so please just ignore my post.

Good luck!
M

Thank you for your help, its much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending