The Student Room Group

First time student, got a few questions

Hey

I am currently waiting to start an access to HE (distant learning) nursing and midwifery course with The Manchester College.

Can anyone help me with some information? I want to know quite a lot so please reply if you know the answer to any of my questions regardless of which one;
How will I be tested?
Is it like an exam at the end?
When do you apply for uni?
Does the college help you with your application to uni?
What subjects will I be studying on this course?
What’s the likeliness of me getting into uni?
Is it a hard course? (I passed all GCSEs and a good learner I’d say)

I’m just so worried that I’m going to work so hard at this course and not get accepted maybe I’m just doubting myself too much.
Reply 1
Original post by Holxoxoxox
Hey

I am currently waiting to start an access to HE (distant learning) nursing and midwifery course with The Manchester College.

Can anyone help me with some information? I want to know quite a lot so please reply if you know the answer to any of my questions regardless of which one;
How will I be tested?
Is it like an exam at the end?
When do you apply for uni?
Does the college help you with your application to uni?
What subjects will I be studying on this course?
What’s the likeliness of me getting into uni?
Is it a hard course? (I passed all GCSEs and a good learner I’d say)

I’m just so worried that I’m going to work so hard at this course and not get accepted maybe I’m just doubting myself too much.

Hello,
I have just finished my Access to health professions course so I can’t advise on the midwifery side but my course consisted of biology, a bit of biochemistry, sociology, psychology. There was a mix of essays and reports and 2 exams. Although this may vary depending on the college and the awarding body who oversees the course. It is a full on course but I loved it, despite the stressful bits. Part of the course is working on personal statements and choosing universities etc. my college was very supportive and I am now starting uni in a few weeks and achieved full distinctions on the access course. I had never written an essay or a report before but like you, did well at GCSE. I am 34 though so not sure if my age helped or not lol. We had applied for university by Christmas and interviews if offered, were anytime between January and May. Good luck and let me know if I can help more!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending