The Student Room Group

Confused About Elizabeth Line

I'll be commuting to uni in London soon (everyday, 5 days a week) and was confused as to which tickets/ railcards would work out cheapest. I've heard that the 16-25 railcard is good but that it only works now if you have an oyster card, but apparently any stations west of West Drayton (which mine is) don't accept them. I'll also be leaving at peak time every day or most days and I've heard they only work off peak. I've also heard about contactless. Would contactless work out cheaper than using a rail card, or is it possible to use the rail card when paying contactless? Or would it be better to buy tickets at the ticket machine every day, and if so is it cheaper getting two single tickets or one single + return ticket?

So in short, should I get a 16-25 rail card, and if so how would I use one? If not then what would be the best way for me to pay?
Although you youngsters think google is the answer to everything, sometimes live humans are better - I have found the tfl phone number is answered by very knowledgeable staff - for a somewhat complex query like yours, I personally always ring: 08456 48 49 50 [from memoryover years: could have changed to modern 0345 number [??}]

Enjoy your course!
M
Reply 2
Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon
Although you youngsters think google is the answer to everything, sometimes live humans are better - I have found the tfl phone number is answered by very knowledgeable staff - for a somewhat complex query like yours, I personally always ring: 08456 48 49 50 [from memoryover years: could have changed to modern 0345 number [??}]

03457 48 49 50 as mentioned at https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/help-and-assistance/contact-us/
hey, did you find a solution?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending