The Student Room Group

What you did to receive 1st class in LLB?

Hello,

I would like to ask everyone who got 1st class degree in law undergraduate degree what they did to make this happen and what are their tips to achieve this.
Reply 1
Original post by Sad_student_
Hello,

I would like to ask everyone who got 1st class degree in law undergraduate degree what they did to make this happen and what are their tips to achieve this.

I didn't graduate yet, so I don't have a first overall as my degree, but I did get a first overall in my first year. So, I think my experience counts for something. Personally, it took a lot of work and a lot of sacrifices, early on in the first year I was under the impression that I could get out of doing some of the work like reading cases, judgements, and books instead doing just the lectures and go off that, you can't. Like many things, you get better at university the more you do and the better you become. I think the key is to keep at it. Offering general personal advice is detrimental because you're not like me and I'm not like you. So, don't be discouraged if your grades aren't as high as you would like because university is an iterative process.

But if you really want some key tips:

- Spend lots of time on essays (and don't do things last minute)
- Put lots of effort into your essays because lecturers will notice
- Learn OSCOLA (check out Zotero)
- Develop a reading organisation systems

But note that much of university, so far for me at least for me, was finding processes and systems that work for me.

Good luck on your journey
Reply 2
Original post by qlventy
I didn't graduate yet, so I don't have a first overall as my degree, but I did get a first overall in my first year. So, I think my experience counts for something. Personally, it took a lot of work and a lot of sacrifices, early on in the first year I was under the impression that I could get out of doing some of the work like reading cases, judgements, and books instead doing just the lectures and go off that, you can't. Like many things, you get better at university the more you do and the better you become. I think the key is to keep at it. Offering general personal advice is detrimental because you're not like me and I'm not like you. So, don't be discouraged if your grades aren't as high as you would like because university is an iterative process.

But if you really want some key tips:

- Spend lots of time on essays (and don't do things last minute)
- Put lots of effort into your essays because lecturers will notice
- Learn OSCOLA (check out Zotero)
- Develop a reading organisation systems

But note that much of university, so far for me at least for me, was finding processes and systems that work for me.

Good luck on your journey

Thank you so much for the reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending