The Student Room Group

2.1 in Second year how to get a 1st overall

So I'm going into my final year at uni studying sociology, I got a 2.1 overall in my second year averaging 68.51% overall with 60 credits at 73% only because it was a study abroad with everything else at a low 2.1/high 2.2. My degree is calculated by credits at either 25% level 5/75% level 6 on 100 credits or 100 credits level 6 with the higher grade being the degree grade. Any ideas on what I'd need to average a 1st. My dissertation is worth 40 credits and 4 elective modules worth 20 credits each.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Queeniepet
So I'm going into my final year at uni studying sociology, I got a 2.1 overall in my second year averaging 68.51% overall with 60 credits at 73% only because it was a study abroad with everything else at a low 2.1/high 2.2. My degree is calculated by credits at either 25% level 5/75% level 6 on 100 credits or 100 credits level 6 with the higher grade being the degree grade. Any ideas on what I'd need to average a 1st. My dissertation is worth 40 credits and 4 elective modules worth 20 credits each.

A third year average of 70.5 will give you 70 overall on the 25:75 split. Either that or get a first in your dissertation and 3+ modules.
Original post by Queeniepet

I'm terrible at maths, bit I got very similar grades to you in my second year of my Sociology degree and ended up getting a 1st Class Honours degree - you can do it! A big big thing is to get the academic practice correct particularly referencing it makes a huge difference.

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending