The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Hollway or York?

I'm currently in the process of applying to universities and my top 2 choices are to go to Royal Hollaway and York University. I want to do Interactive Media with York and Digital Media Culture and Technology with Royal Holloway. Does anyone have any idea about which course would be better or uni? thx xx
Original post by izzybuzz
I'm currently in the process of applying to universities and my top 2 choices are to go to Royal Hollaway and York University. I want to do Interactive Media with York and Digital Media Culture and Technology with Royal Holloway. Does anyone have any idea about which course would be better or uni? thx xx

The University of York is more prestigious than Royal Holloway. Should you pick York?

Well, not necessarily.

Have you considered the location?
Do you like the campus?
Have you looked into whether you prefer campus or city-styled universities?
Do you prefer modules in one over the other?
(There are so many more but I'll keep it short)

Generally, York would be the wiser option but I say that because it's Russel Group and well-regarded. Ultimately, the university you graduate from isn't always that important. What is important is that you pick a university that you like because you are going to spend 3 years there at a minimum.

It's also worth looking into placements and seeing if either course has better career prospects or programmes that you can use to enhance your CV because if you graduate with work experience you would be a better candidate for a job role as opposed to someone who went to a Top 5 university in the UK and did no work experience :smile:

Hope all goes well!
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending