The Student Room Group

A Level help

Hi so i’m in college and have just finished my first year, however, my first year was kinda bad because i had 1 subject i loved and excelled at and the other 2 i hated but we only had a month to switch them and i didn’t switch them in time. So, i’m predicting for my results i’ll get a pass for my good subject and fails on my other 2. I’m going into my second year now and will be taking A2 criminology alongside 2 new AS levels. However, i’ve realised college isn’t for me and i find it hard to study and keep up and i’m failing because of this. I’ve been looking into apprenticeships i’m not sure what i’ll go into yet if i do but i was planning on applying for apprenticeships after i finish my second year. Originally, I was meant to be doing a third year in college to complete the AS’ i picked up in the second year, so if i don’t complete the third year i’ll most likely be leaving college with 2 A2 levels and 2 AS levels (i have to do welshbacc which counts as an A level). I’m extremely indecisive and have no idea what i want to do in the future, so i was hoping i’ll have enough A levels to my name to be able to go to uni in the future if i needed to as i don’t like the idea of returning to college to be able to go to uni in the future. But i’m freaking out that i won’t be able to get into uni with 2 A2 and 2 AS. Any advice on this?
Reply 1
Hi! I’ve just finished year 13 with 3 levels and one AS. For me when I was looking at applying to Universities I found that many do accept AS levels but it depends on what it’s in, for instance I did AS core maths and at SHU it is allowed to count towards my UCAS points whereas, NTU don’t allow it. So first of all I would check the course your interested in a Uni to see what if it’s accepted (Email them to get a quicker response) and then check a couple of Unis as well for a more balanced idea. Following on from this, i’d speak to your head of college/6th form and get their opinion as they will have had more experience with this! But all together it comes down to how you feel, if you feel college isn’t working out for you than find a route which is better tailored to you but even then you can always re-take alevels and uni, there is never a set time to decide what you want to do! hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest