The Student Room Group

I’m at uni and don’t miss my boyfriend

Before I went to uni I would spend most of my time with him, and look forward to it so much. But since leaving (it’s been a week) I have thought and messaged him now and again but not felt like I miss him or have an ache to see him. I see girls saying how hard long distance is but for me I’ve been so occupied with this new experience that he hasn’t been a big priority. Does this mean I don’t love him? Sometimes when he texts I can find it effort to reply and I don’t feel like messaging anyone not even my parents.
Maybe you are too busy being independent? Maybe you just want to focus on your life?
But I think you're the one who should decide whether you love him or not.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe you are too busy being independent? Maybe you just want to focus on your life?
But I think you're the one who should decide whether you love him or not.

How am I supposed to know it’s my first relationship 😩
Original post by Anonymous #1
How am I supposed to know it’s my first relationship 😩

Even if it's your first relationship you should understand that you committed to it. It's easy: if you don't love him, don't waste his time, but if you do, try to appreciate and love him. I know that it's hard and I'm trying to look at the situation from your perspective. Maybe you finally want some freedom and 'me-time', and to concentrate on your career and so on...
By the way how are you doing? I just realised that you posted 2 months ago, maybe you now know what's the best for you.
I just want to add, my first love i thought was my world and that i would never be able to live without him, sometimes it’s best leaving if you feel you’re outgrowing someone. He’s now left for uni and i redid a year at college beforehand so i’m still there, we’re living completely different lives and even though i loved him a lot, it doesn’t always mean staying together will allow you to grow positively. sometimes the distance and separation will help you thrive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending