The Student Room Group

Can I get a philosphy/anthropology degree, for example, with science alevels?

Hi, I've just started my a-levels and am currently taking 4 a levels, biology, chemistry, film studies and english combined, however, I realised I don't want to do 4 levels anymore, I want to drop english but I am nervous that I am cutting myself off from a lot of careers and degrees outside science. I highly like biology and chemistry and find them interesting to do at a-level but I'm not sure if i like them enough to pursue careerwise/degreewise. My dream career is to be in the film industry however as a precaution/back up would like to do something for example psychology or anthropology related, even english or journalism degrees, perhaps? I am aware unis like students who choose to take these degrees to do essay subjects at a-level to prepare them for the heavy amount of essay writing in the course so i am afraid that dropping english, I will significantly reduce my chance of joining these degree courses. On top of that they view film studies as a non-preferred subject for any course outside of media or film.

(P.s is there a way I could work on my essay writing skills at home instead of through english a-level and show it as proof to the universities that I can do their course, despite the absence of a respected essay-based a-level?)

any advice appreciated.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Philosophy depts don't care what A Levels you did, only what grades you achieved

Quick Reply

Latest