The Student Room Group

Student finance

Hello,

I have a question about my student finance. I have been granted indefinite live to remain (ILR) because of my parents. My parents have British citizenship. I have lived in the UK for only 2 years. I came here in 9th of September 2021. I am from Nepal. I lived in my country before two years. Next year in September it will be three years and I want to apply for my student finance next year. I contacted student finance team and told them my situation. They told me to apply uni which starts in January 2025 because I will not get loan next year also. Anyway I have question that if I apply for uni which starts the course in 16 or 22 of September. By then I will have three years lived in the UK and will I get student loan?
thank you
Original post by taarak__
Hello,

I have a question about my student finance. I have been granted indefinite live to remain (ILR) because of my parents. My parents have British citizenship. I have lived in the UK for only 2 years. I came here in 9th of September 2021. I am from Nepal. I lived in my country before two years. Next year in September it will be three years and I want to apply for my student finance next year. I contacted student finance team and told them my situation. They told me to apply uni which starts in January 2025 because I will not get loan next year also. Anyway I have question that if I apply for uni which starts the course in 16 or 22 of September. By then I will have three years lived in the UK and will I get student loan?
thank you

Hi taarak__,

You would need to be in the UK for 3 years or more prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course however, you mentioned you arrived in the UK on the 9th of September which means you wouldn't meet the full 3 year period next September.

You would only be eligible from January 2025 on a January intake of the course or onwards.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending