The Student Room Group

portfolio submission

If I send my application / personal statement off to unis this weekend, when am I likely to get asked to submit a portfolio (im doing fashion design btw) ? Also what percentage of applicants get past the initial applications and personal statement?
Original post by seaqueen6457
If I send my application / personal statement off to unis this weekend, when am I likely to get asked to submit a portfolio (im doing fashion design btw) ? Also what percentage of applicants get past the initial applications and personal statement?

Hi @seaqueen6457

I'm a second year fashion design student at BCU. Once I'd applied to my universities with my personal statement, I had varying requests for my portfolio.

Every uni I applied to asked for a portfolio, so once you've submitted your application I would start having a look at your body of work and thinking about what you might like to include. I would wait to hear from your universities before completing a portfolio as they can sometimes differ in their requirements, and also whether they want a digital or physical submission.

Each university will differ slightly with when they will contact you about a portfolio, so don't worry if you don't hear back straight away. I would keep an eye on your UCAS and emails for universities requesting your work.

Good luck with your application!
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest