The Student Room Group

architecture portfolio

I'm an A-level student applying to do architecture at university and have just submitted my full UCAS application. One thing I'm slightly concerned about is that the universities have mentioned that alongside the interview we also have to submit a portfolio of some art work. Now my A-level subjects aren't traditional architecture subjects as I do sociology, psychology and biology (the university requirements stated there were no subject specific A-levels) and I wanted to know the process or general idea of what is usually included in these portfolios. I understand it's a submission of some art work but any advice or ideas as to what they're looking for will help as I want to prepare in advance.
Original post by nswara99
I'm an A-level student applying to do architecture at university and have just submitted my full UCAS application. One thing I'm slightly concerned about is that the universities have mentioned that alongside the interview we also have to submit a portfolio of some art work. Now my A-level subjects aren't traditional architecture subjects as I do sociology, psychology and biology (the university requirements stated there were no subject specific A-levels) and I wanted to know the process or general idea of what is usually included in these portfolios. I understand it's a submission of some art work but any advice or ideas as to what they're looking for will help as I want to prepare in advance.

Did you do any creative subjects for GCSE - art, dt, etc? Do you do anything creative in your spare time?

Different unis request different things to be included in portfolios so be prepared to adapt it with each application. You could start receiving requests for your portfolio very quickly and you will be given, on average, 3-6 weeks to submit it.

If you Google manchester uni architecture portfolio blogspot, you will be able to see examples of portfolios submitted by undergraduate applicants.

Plymouth uni has some portfolio examples on its website:

https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/u...rtfolio-advice

Also, take a look at the following thread where there is a lot of good advice on developing a portfolio:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...php?p=96239577

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending