The Student Room Group

DMU Portfolio

I applied to DMU and gave a digital portfolio, for them to then say that they require a physical portfolio and an interview. The only email i've received about this is a portfolio taster day and i'm not sure if this is the equivalent of an interview or more like a workshop? I live pretty far away so I don't really want to travel down just for it to be a workshop about how to make a portfolio - especially as I have a conditional offer already. Please let me know if this is necessary to get onto the interior design course!!
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by hannahmay2268
I applied to DMU and gave a digital portfolio, for them to then say that they require a physical portfolio and an interview. The only email i've received about this is a portfolio taster day and i'm not sure if this is the equivalent of an interview or more like a workshop? I live pretty far away so I don't really want to travel down just for it to be a workshop about how to make a portfolio - especially as I have a conditional offer already. Please let me know if this is necessary to get onto the interior design course!!

Hi there @hannahmay2268 - I hope you are doing okay!💮
I'm sorry to hear that you have not received clear communications from our teams regarding the Portfolio Taster Day😥

The Portfolio Taster Days are for programmes requiring the submission of a portoflio of artwork as part of the conditions of an offer or admission. They are also a date to display your physical portfolio to the faculty. The purpose of these days, for undergraduate programmes for example, are to present your work and creative processes🖼️

We aim to make all of our events completely accessible. If you are unable to attend a Portfolio Taster Day you will be invited to an MS Teams Portfolio Review (online) where you will be asked to share your digital portfolio.
For further information on what the day entails this page may be useful: Undergraduate portfolio advice (dmu.ac.uk) 🔗

To query your exact application and circumstances further, you can contact the Applicant Events Team directly, that can note how you may wish to present your portfolio, that you've already provided as part of the application process, and support accordingly.😊

You can contact the team here! 📧

Best wishes and congratulations on your conditional offer!

-Rose🌹, De Montfort University Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending