The Student Room Group

Newnham vs Pembroke college- Compsci

Hi guys! I haven't been able to find much information at all on how these colleges are for Compsci. (i'm submitting my application in a few days eek!)
I've narrowed down my choices to these two. they both were absolutely lovely at the open day and seem really supportive and homely.
Pembroke's accomodation doesn't seem as good as Newnham's, and there's ovens at Newnham! I like cooking from time to time so I'd probably apprecitate them (but it's not the end of the world if I don't have them). Newnham seems to have a DOS at churchhill (which is fine because apparently churchill is like the MIT of the UK(?) according to my ancient computing teacher lol), but I don't know how I feel about it being an all girls college. Pembroke seems really lovely and I love the architecture/location of it: and it does have a few more compscis.
I know I'll be happy at whatever college & there's a chance I could get pooled (if I even get in haha).

Would anyone that's been to one of these colleges (especially for compsci) be able to tell me about their experience there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending