The Student Room Group

Cambridge TMUA Test Date 2023 - Can't Attend

I am from Scotland, and our holidays differ from England. I am unable to attend the test date of 18th October 2023 for the TMUA as I am on a long-haul international flight that I cannot reschedule. I have no idea what to do next, as this wasn't even a possibility before. Does this mean I just can't apply?

I suppose I could apply for Maths as the STEP is in June, or apply for Oxford and take the MAT, but my dream is Cambridge for CompSci.
Reply 1
@Pembroke Rep @Peterhouse Admissions any advice would be appreciated!
Reply 2
Original post by emkelt
I am from Scotland, and our holidays differ from England. I am unable to attend the test date of 18th October 2023 for the TMUA as I am on a long-haul international flight that I cannot reschedule. I have no idea what to do next, as this wasn't even a possibility before. Does this mean I just can't apply?

I suppose I could apply for Maths as the STEP is in June, or apply for Oxford and take the MAT, but my dream is Cambridge for CompSci.

have you figured out a solution as i have a similar issue
Reply 3
Original post by james27227
have you figured out a solution as i have a similar issue

ah sorry to hear it! I did manage to cancel the flights eventually but my parents had to pay extra. i’m taking it the morning of the flight. my other option would be to take a gap year & do industry experience & then reapply
Reply 4
Original post by emkelt
ah sorry to hear it! I did manage to cancel the flights eventually but my parents had to pay extra. i’m taking it the morning of the flight. my other option would be to take a gap year & do industry experience & then reapply

thanks
Reply 5
Do all test centres have to start the test at the same time? Like i have a flight at like 10am so would the test centre all me to sit the test at like 6:00
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by james27227
thanks

i’m assuming you’ve contacted the admissions office of the uni you’re applying to? if it’s extenuating circumstances & not a family holiday (like mine was) i think they exempt u & make u sit a similar test later

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending