The Student Room Group

Placement hours

Hi

I'm currently on doing my first year placement. I'm 20 weeks pregnant . Was wondering do I have to work full placement hours ?

Thanks
Congratulations on your pregnancy! You're best discussing this with your PE and academic tutor as different agencies and unis might have different expectations. The agency/university will do an individual risk assessment on what you can/can't do safely whilst pregnant and whilst a student, and how you will be supported to complete your placement.

When talking about placement expectations for registration, Social Work England say:
Students must spend at least 200 days in practice over the course of their course. Up to 30 of these days can be allocated to students developing their skills for practice, also known as ‘skills days’.It is mandatory for students to attend all placement days, including any skills days (where these are provided). Placement patterns may vary across course providers, but usually a student’s final placement will consist of 100 days and will take place in their final year of study. A placement day is usually taken to mean no less than 7 hours (plus a lunch break), but exact hours and working patterns may vary depending on the placement provider.
so I take this to mean you'll need to work full hours unless otherwise agreed.

Quick Reply

Latest