The Student Room Group

Advice

Hi , I am looking to see what the hours are for Glyndwr University Adult Nursing on your 1st year. Trying to get my head around if I will be available to work too. Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Katz85
Hi , I am looking to see what the hours are for Glyndwr University Adult Nursing on your 1st year. Trying to get my head around if I will be available to work too. Thanks

Hi Katz85,

Great to hear that you're interested in Adult Nursing at WGU :smile:

We have recently released a "Day in the Life of a Children's Nursing Student on Placement", which talks about the realistic hours our students work. In the blog, Ruth Jones says that she has three, 12.5 hour shifts each week. Adult Nursing would be a similar timescale spent in placements.

However, if you would like to message our enquiries team via [email protected] to confirm this, then the team would be happy to look into this for you.

I hope that gives you some idea of the allocation of time and please let us know if you have any more questions.

Best wishes,

Maddy
WrexhumUniReps
Original post by Katz85

Hi! I have just finished my first year of children's nursing at Wrexham University, so hopefully can provide you with an answer. The expectation of student nurses is to work the hours of the profession/sector. So this would involve full time hours, including weekends and bank holidays at times (37.5 hours a week) both when on placement and when on a theory block. This will be broken down into either 3 12.5 hour shifts a week, or Monday to Friday 9 - 5 and we are required to have 2300 hours of theory, plus 2300 hours of placement over the three years in order to qualify. We get around 10 weeks of annual leave each year as well. There is a lot of support available from the university and placement providers and they do try to help accommodate individuals with busy lifestyles - try not to worry too much and if you feel you would benefit from further advice or support you could email [email protected] and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

I hope this helps but feel free to message me if you have any further questions :smile:

Best of luck with everything!
Ruth
WrexhamUniReps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending