The Student Room Group

Nursing Placement Hours

I’ve been really unwell on my first placement and second placement in Year 1. I am in year 2 now and still have some outstanding hours from this placement. Will i be removed off the course or will I have time to make up hours in next placements?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous079
I’ve been really unwell on my first placement and second placement in Year 1. I am in year 2 now and still have some outstanding hours from this placement. Will i be removed off the course or will I have time to make up hours in next placements?

You'll have to make sure you make up the hours that you are short ok.
Speak to your university course leader and also your placements officer to discuss with you about arranging somewhere for you to go to and make up your missing hours. You can make these up after discussing with your university course leader etc by either working weekends when you are on university studying weeks or maybe in between your day's of when on placement plus you can also work through your holidays period as well. I think you could also ask to make up your hours by doing them when you are at your university studying weeks and do your university work online but you'll have to discuss ever with your university course leader and placement officer first and foremost as they have to arrange things for you.

Only thing what may happen is if you haven't completed the 2300 hours of placement and also the 2300 hours of university studying weeks you'll not be able to apply for your nursing registration until they have been completed.

You'll not be removed from the course ok so don't worry about it.
Hi, Second year, adult nursing student here as well!
I am behind 180 hours just from first year so I’m in the same as you!
we do 175 hours more than required to allow for sick days. does your course do this as well? if so, you will hardly be behind much just make sure you go in to the rest of your placements, and you won’t have much to make up by the end of third year

Quick Reply

Latest