The Student Room Group

University Examinations

I’ve recently started attending the university of Glasgow to study mechanical engineering, there are a lot of constants etc. and I was wondering if we get a data sheet for exams or not?
Original post by TamTheTall
I’ve recently started attending the university of Glasgow to study mechanical engineering, there are a lot of constants etc. and I was wondering if we get a data sheet for exams or not?

This is the kind of thing you are best asking your lecturer of personal tutor. Its pretty common for theere to be a "standard" formula sheet for technical courses in university that give a few key equations and / or constants. Lecturers will also tell you whats required / expected knowledge in addition to that.

Confirm with your lecturers, but it's very likely that you'll be provided constants, empirical formulas, etc. (but not necessarily first principles formulas) in the exam.

Probably be expected to know common constants.

Formula sheets are very common but you should check with your module exam information.

Quick Reply

Latest