The Student Room Group

Dyslexia testing?

Do you have to pay to be tested in the England for dyslexia? I think I might have some form of it but the teachers are saying that my reading is good for my age (16) but iv'e seen online that you can be a good reader but still dyslexic. I want to get tested cause I am struggling but I didn't know you might have to pay. Is there any form of funding available if you need to get tested but can't afford it? Thanks and sorry for ranting.
Reply 1
also the teachers are saying that my like tests are coming normal but I know I struggling for my ability because I know for a fact my ansers in my head are there but I cant put them into proper words when it comes down to writing it on the page and then it just makes me avarage. Also my spellings and other stuff arnt the ability they should be for always beeinfg topset. like im in yr 12 yet i still dont know any of my times tables other than 2,5 and 10. and then my peers laugh at me if it comes down to like something in science that is the most basic caluclation but i have to use my calculator for it because i dont know how to spell or do math
I believe to get a formal thing you do because it’s not NHS covered, but schools can do screenings!! Explain the situation to them and they can probably give you guidance:smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending