The Student Room Group

Gap year medicine personal statement

I didn't recieve any offers last year due to not meeting the UCAT requirements and so i am taking a gap year and reapplying. How should I word this in my personal statement? Any advice is much appreciated :smile:
Why would you put that in your PS at all?

Just use the same PS, if you have any new work experience that you've done since writing the old one, reflect on that and consider adding those new reflections in.
Original post by artful_lounger
Why would you put that in your PS at all?

Just use the same PS, if you have any new work experience that you've done since writing the old one, reflect on that and consider adding those new reflections in.

Quick question, are you allowed to use the same ps if you take a gap year and re apply? Someone said you can’t as it’s plagiarism but this doesn’t make sense to me?
Reply 3
Original post by B7861
Quick question, are you allowed to use the same ps if you take a gap year and re apply? Someone said you can’t as it’s plagiarism but this doesn’t make sense to me?

Yes you are, though hopefully you have done something worth mentioning in the year since you last wrote it? You can't plagiarise yourself :smile:
Original post by GANFYD
Yes you are, though hopefully you have done something worth mentioning in the year since you last wrote it? You can't plagiarise yourself :smile:

Yh exactly, just some guy said it to me and I knew it was wrong. Yh I’ve done allot of extra things so It’s gonna be very different

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending