The Student Room Group

Am I overly qualified for an apprenticeship

Hi so I have a degree in Computing. Networking and Technology to be specific although I was wondering if I’d be able to do a apprenticeship I’ve always found a profession as a IT Technical Support interesting and fun as well as exciting and wanted to build the necessary fundamental practical skills having the theoretical skills already onboard to then do it as a job. Am I overly qualified? Is there such apprenticeship? What apprenticeship or what would you advise please? Thank you :smile:
You could probably just go in at an intermediate level for a tech support role with that background, so no need to do an apprenticeship. I guess if you don't have any luck you could try and apprenticeship but really you can aim above that level I would expect. Why start at the bottom when you have the background to start above that?
Original post by artful_lounger
You could probably just go in at an intermediate level for a tech support role with that background, so no need to do an apprenticeship. I guess if you don't have any luck you could try and apprenticeship but really you can aim above that level I would expect. Why start at the bottom when you have the background to start above that?

Where can you find intermediate level tech support apprenticeships?
Original post by Mohammed_80
Where can you find intermediate level tech support apprenticeships?

Any careers searching website?

Look at companies individually to see what roles they are advertising?

The usual things when looking for jobs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending