The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scottish Legal/Law Diploma, Uni of Edinburgh, or Glasgow?

Has anyone done the legal practice diploma at either Edinburgh or Glasgow? Considering applying to both but heard some horror stories about the exams at Edinburgh, and understand Glasgow is more practical assessed without traditional exams.

Thanks.
(edited 1 month ago)
One of my colleagues (I am a partner in a Glasgow law firm, but originally qualified in England so did the LPC) said Edinburgh was a nightmare because of the exams and Glasgow/Strath/Dundee/Aberdeen far more practical
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Lawbee2806
One of my colleagues (I am a partner in a Glasgow law firm, but originally qualified in England so did the LPC) said Edinburgh was a nightmare because of the exams and Glasgow/Strath/Dundee/Aberdeen far more practical
Ah no worries,

Do you think it overly matters where you obtain the diploma? For employment prospects etc.
Original post by Obli2310
Ah no worries,
Do you think it overly matters where you obtain the diploma? For employment prospects etc.

I don’t think it does, no. It’s the undergraduate degree that is of more concern and where that was completed.
Reply 4
Original post by Lawbee2806
I don’t think it does, no. It’s the undergraduate degree that is of more concern and where that was completed.

Does that overly matter aswell, I went to a bit of a lesser Uni but I havent seen any issue in obtaining interviews etc. I was thinking to try go to Glagow or Edi, as they may help with prospects, but may not reconsider.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending