The Student Room Group

A-levels and what to take

I want to do law at uni and the a levels im thinking of taking are psychology, biology and something else. But i don't know what that 'something else' is. Anyone care to help out?
Original post by Sukhmani22
I want to do law at uni and the a levels im thinking of taking are psychology, biology and something else. But i don't know what that 'something else' is. Anyone care to help out?

English language/literature is a good option. Next to this history or politics.
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
English language/literature is a good option. Next to this history or politics.

Hi thanks for the reply, ive actually thought of doing econ instead of eng lit since psychology will is a essay based subject already. Do you think this will be a good choice?
Hi thanks for the reply, ive actually thought of doing econ instead of eng lit since psychology will is a essay based subject already. Do you think this will be a good choice?

Yes econ should be good.

Hi @Sukhmani22!

At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you choose a subject you have a passion for and enjoy! Most universities have no requirement of a certain A level for law and although some subjects like English Lit or History pair well with law, they aren't a requirement. The most important thing is that you do well in the subject, and in order to do well, you need to enjoy what you are studying :smile: Therefore, make your mind up based on what you are interested in and the rest will simply fall into place!

I hope this helps and good luck

Sophie
Reply 5
Original post by UniofLaw Student
Hi @Sukhmani22!

At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you choose a subject you have a passion for and enjoy! Most universities have no requirement of a certain A level for law and although some subjects like English Lit or History pair well with law, they aren't a requirement. The most important thing is that you do well in the subject, and in order to do well, you need to enjoy what you are studying :smile: Therefore, make your mind up based on what you are interested in and the rest will simply fall into place!

I hope this helps and good luck

Sophie

Thank you so much for the reply. I am actually going to be the first in my family to be getting into higher education so I don't have enough resources at home that can help me out to plan what steps I should take. Sometimes, it feels as if I am walking on a tightrope but that's just reality I guess. I think the subjects that I am picking are my preferred subjects as I quite enjoy doing them and your reply really gave me confidence. Hopefully things go well (fingers crossed!). Thanks again for the reply.

Quick Reply

Latest