The Student Room Group

Retailers that would accept a year 11 student

hi there,
im 16 & currently in year 11. Ive always wanted a retail job & I've decided now I feel ready to apply. I've looked around at some retail jobs websites (Tesco & saisnburys) and they only seem to hire 16 year olds after they've left year 11. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any companies which accept year 11 workers/young workers (that's what I'm classes as by the council). Thanks :smile:
Original post by archiejudge
hi there,
im 16 & currently in year 11. Ive always wanted a retail job & I've decided now I feel ready to apply. I've looked around at some retail jobs websites (Tesco & saisnburys) and they only seem to hire 16 year olds after they've left year 11. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any companies which accept year 11 workers/young workers (that's what I'm classes as by the council). Thanks :smile:

Hi

So if you are 16 years old you shouldn't have much problems in finding a part-time job in retailing.

Yes majority of major retailers will only employ people from the age of 16 but will be a age 18 restriction for you with certain departments in supermarkets because you have to be 18 and over.

Have you thought about trying to apply for a part-time job with boots as they employ people from the age of 15 and same again you'll have a age 18 restriction for certain departments with them but otherwise there's no reason why you can't do anything with them.
You'll have to apply via boots Jobs recruitment pages ( do a online profile and then research which Jobs are available within your local areas and then apply, if successful with application you'll have to do a online assessment based on real life situation so read questions carefully, after passing this you'll get a invitation to book a in-store interview).

I have worked with boots myself since I was 15 years old and haven't had any problems.

Good luck with your search and they are vacancies available especially right now for Xmas and New year staff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending