The Student Room Group

4 years of A levels

Hi,

(background):

2021 - 2022:
I did my GCSEs when i was 18 because I hadn’t done them before (I was living in another country, but I am British). I did GCSE Maths, GCSE English, and BTEC Level 3 Applied Science. I got a 7 in maths, 7 in English, and Distinction Star in Applied Science. The college said I only have to do these 3 main subjects to get into a uni. I did my Y1 of Btec Level 3 Business

2022 - 2023:
I completed my Btec Level 3 Business and got a Distinction star
I started A level maths, and A level computer science
In the start of the year I fracture my ankle and didn’t attend college for 2 months. I managed to study A level maths at home, but since I had never done computer science ever before, I wasn’t able to do much.
When I returned back to college, I tried to catch up in comp sci, but struggled because my teacher is just awful. He doesn’t explain anything but just goes through the slides. I thought maybe I’m struggling because I missed so many classes, but no he just isn’t a good teacher.

2023 - 2024:
In September I realised that I’m very far behind in comp sci, and so I got a tutor. I’ve been trying to catch up but obviously coding is hard especially for someone who hasn't had the foggiest about it previously. I’ve also been made to take BTEC Level 3 Applied Science (the one where you do both Yr1 and Yr2 in 1 year). They first put me in the Yr2 class, realised that that’s not right, and a month later put me on the fast track one. So now I have 6 one and a half hour classes in a week for a subject that I’m only taking to be considered as a full time student, which I haven’t even been able to attend from the start

I’m scared that maybe I might not pass computer science. It would absolutely crush me. What should I do? I’m currently 20 years old, and if I were to pass I’d be 21 when I start uni. If I don’t, I’d be 22. I don’t want to spend 4 years in college, I already feel like I’m so far behind in life because the students in college are 16/17/18.

If I do fail, how do I resist just 1 A level. Would I have to be a private candidate?

I would really appreciate advice, about the whole situation.

And if I do pass, what if I’m not able to get into a uni because I didn’t get a good enough grade. I’m so worried.

(Btw I want to do Computer science in university)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest