The Student Room Group

What are the best shoes I can buy for UK winter? I need a warm, waterproof pair in ca

What are the best shoes I can buy for UK winter? I need a warm, waterproof pair in case the water gets worse, please?
Reply 1
I'm guessing you're from a hot country :unsure:

IMO the worst thing for making your feet wet and cold is walking in snow cos it gets all over your shoes and then melts and soaks in... and IMO the best thing is walking shoes (or boots) like this https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/curlews-mens-walking-shoes-p10979.aspx/dark-grey/

Those ones have got breathable membrane which usually means they're more expensive... but it also means they're more comfortable.

walking shoes of that type are usually fairly waterproof (even if they're advertised as being waterproof it's never 100% IME) and have lots of grip on the sole so you're less likely to slip and fall over on ice or snow.

To keep your feet warm you might want to get some thermal socks which are better insulating than normal socks and usually quick drying - supermarkets sell these.
Reply 2
Original post by Joinedup
I'm guessing you're from a hot country :unsure:

IMO the worst thing for making your feet wet and cold is walking in snow cos it gets all over your shoes and then melts and soaks in... and IMO the best thing is walking shoes (or boots) like this https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/curlews-mens-walking-shoes-p10979.aspx/dark-grey/

Those ones have got breathable membrane which usually means they're more expensive... but it also means they're more comfortable.

walking shoes of that type are usually fairly waterproof (even if they're advertised as being waterproof it's never 100% IME) and have lots of grip on the sole so you're less likely to slip and fall over on ice or snow.

To keep your feet warm you might want to get some thermal socks which are better insulating than normal socks and usually quick drying - supermarkets sell these.

Nope, I'm from England. I'm just tired of my feet getting wet, and thank you :smile:
Original post by KeziaF
Nope, I'm from England. I'm just tired of my feet getting wet, and thank you :smile:

Yes I need some too. Let us know if you find some. :smile:
Doc Martens.
Reply 5
Leather boots with fur-lined insoles are always awesome in the winter

Quick Reply

Latest