The Student Room Group

International Oxbridge Personal Statement

Hi, I'm an international student so ive been navigating the ucas process on my own (and therefore im guessing my ps is different to a typical one) and im wondering if the unis will take that slightly into consideration? I'm pretty confident in my ps but am wondering if my lack of familarity is gonna work against me admissions wise
As a general rule your PS should be about 70% on your interest in the subject, academic achievement to date and 'extracurricular' activities exploring the subject beyond your school courses. The PS should convey enthusiasm and curiosity. There is no such thing as a typical PS, each one is unique and reflects the individuals personality and character. BTW the deadline for 2024 Oxbridge admissions is the 16th October.
Reply 2
Original post by BetaVersion2.9
As a general rule your PS should be about 70% on your interest in the subject, academic achievement to date and 'extracurricular' activities exploring the subject beyond your school courses. The PS should convey enthusiasm and curiosity. There is no such thing as a typical PS, each one is unique and reflects the individuals personality and character. BTW the deadline for 2024 Oxbridge admissions is the 16th October.

Thanks, I've already submitted my ps and followed the 80% academic 20% personal rule, I was just worried as I wouldn't have had the opportunity to attend as many talks/subject-related events as I've seen in other people's statements. Hoping that the books I mentioned carry me through! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending