The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Do I have a good chance of getting an offer from UCL?

I'm applying for Politics and International Relations. This course at UCL is really competitive, but it's my dream!! It asks for AAA and my predicted grades are AAA. So I'm up against the A*A*A* applicants. Do you think, as long as my personal statement is really good, that I could get an offer? Should I bother applying?
(edited 4 months ago)
If you meet the requirements there's no reason not to try and apply. They don't just make offers to those with the highest grades - and also bear in mind they make more offers than the have places, particularly considering those with A*A*A* predicted are probably also applying to e.g. Oxbridge, LSE, and UCL know they may well end up firming those choices rather than UCL. University applications are not a zero sum game generally.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
If you meet the requirements there's no reason not to try and apply. They don't just make offers to those with the highest grades - and also bear in mind they make more offers than the have places, particularly considering those with A*A*A* predicted are probably also applying to e.g. Oxbridge, LSE, and UCL know they may well end up firming those choices rather than UCL. University applications are not a zero sum game generally.

Thank you so much 🙂 I will definitely give it a go
Original post by aymansrahman
Thank you so much 🙂 I will definitely give it a go

Good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending