The Student Room Group

cambridge app

does anyone know if we should to do the extra personal statement bit on the Cambridge app? does it give you an advantage?
applying for law btw
No idea, but I think it is something we can use to our advantage.

I'm applying for CompSci, and I will use the SAQ to relate topics I've got knowledge of that I have researched in my super-curricular life to those which appear on the syllabus, and how the teaching style at Cambridge is going to benefit me as a student.

However, if you are not sure or don't know what to write, don't do it, as you will probably waffle and it will take impact off your UCAS Personal Statement.

Hope that helps!!!
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Only use it if you have something to add that's not in your UCAS personal statement, they do explicitly state that they don't want you to repeat yourself. I personally used it to go into some more depth about the areas of the course I'm interested in and mention some things I've done since writing my UCAS statement. It won't disadvantage your application if you don't use it (also explicitly stated).
Reply 3
Original post by zeasea
Only use it if you have something to add that's not in your UCAS personal statement, they do explicitly state that they don't want you to repeat yourself. I personally used it to go into some more depth about the areas of the course I'm interested in and mention some things I've done since writing my UCAS statement. It won't disadvantage your application if you don't use it (also explicitly stated).

My daughter got in last year and left it blank. Leaving it blank really does not disadvantage you, like you say.
Reply 4
Original post by lalexm
My daughter got in last year and left it blank. Leaving it blank really does not disadvantage you, like you say.

thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending