The Student Room Group

mpharm contextual offers

Hey, I would like to apply to pharmacy though my predicted grades do not fulfill the standard offer (I'm eligible for contextual offers)
my GCSEs are 98888888777
my predicteds are ABB
and i want to apply to UCL, KCL notts manchester and reading, would I stand a good chance or is it not realistic that I apply?
Original post by _mangosmoothie_
Hey, I would like to apply to pharmacy though my predicted grades do not fulfill the standard offer (I'm eligible for contextual offers)
my GCSEs are 98888888777
my predicteds are ABB
and i want to apply to UCL, KCL notts manchester and reading, would I stand a good chance or is it not realistic that I apply?

Depends on what grades are being asked. If you meet the contextual grades you would have a decent chance of an offer. Just a warning that top London unis tend to be oversubscribed due to demand of being in London. Personally I would remove 1 of your top 4 and add a less competitive university.
As above,to be considered you only need to be predicted in line with the contextual offers if you qualify, (and each uni may have their own criteria). London choices are inherently a bit riskier just based on popularity.
Original post by Admit-One
As above,to be considered you only need to be predicted in line with the contextual offers if you qualify, (and each uni may have their own criteria). London choices are inherently a bit riskier just based on popularity.

Do you think that nottingham is more competitive than manchester?
Original post by _mangosmoothie_
Do you think that nottingham is more competitive than manchester?

I haven’t a scooby do for pharmacy I’m afraid. If I had to guess I’d say the difference would be negligible, but it really would be a guess.
Reply 5
Hi, i want to apply to kcl and ucl. my predicted are ABB and gcse all 9s and 8s. the minimum requirement is AAB and contextual is BBB. would i recieve contextual as on the UCL website it says i am eligible and kcl it says maybe eligible. is it worth apply to both as two on my five options?
Original post by AJ_05_
Hi, i want to apply to kcl and ucl. my predicted are ABB and gcse all 9s and 8s. the minimum requirement is AAB and contextual is BBB. would i recieve contextual as on the UCL website it says i am eligible and kcl it says maybe eligible. is it worth apply to both as two on my five options?

If you are keen on both, yes. It's usually recommended to have one or two aspirational choices anyway. Just have your others be a bit safer.
Reply 7
okay but do you think they will give me a conditional offer if i don't meet the minimum offer of AAB??
and dyu have any safe option recommendations?
Original post by AJ_05_
okay but do you think they will give me a conditional offer if i don't meet the minimum offer of AAB??
and dyu have any safe option recommendations?

If you are eligible for the contextual offer then you don't need to be predicted in line with the standard offer to be considered. (Noted in post #3 above.)

No one outside of their admissions team can tell you how likely you are to get an offer. The only way to give yourself no chance is to not apply.

I can't help with recommendations as I'm not involved with pharma courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending