The Student Room Group

Pharmacy predicted grades

I want to apply for pharmacy at Newcastle the requirements are AAB but my predicted grades are ABB, is there a point in applying.
Ring their admissions team and ask. Nothing to lose. I know some Unis will still call people for interview, but not all.
Original post by Tomi_23
I want to apply for pharmacy at Newcastle the requirements are AAB but my predicted grades are ABB, is there a point in applying.

Hi @Tomi_23

Thank you for your interest in our Pharmacy MPharm Honours programme.

The standard entry requirements for this programme are AAB at A Level (or BBB at A Level for applicants eligible for a contextual offer; or BBC at A Level for applicants eligible for and applying through our PARTNERS Programme) including Chemistry and at least one of Biology, Mathematics or Physics at A Level and excluding Critical Thinking and General Studies. For Biology, Chemistry and Physics A Levels we require a pass in the practical element. Mathematics and English Language both required at GCSE, minimum grade C or 4, if not offered at A or AS Level. Offers are made subject to satisfying fitness to practise conditions.

You do not necessarily need to be predicted the exact grades for a particular course to be considered for a place as we consider a full application including personal statement and reference. All applications at Newcastle University are considered on an individual and case by case basis. However, if you were to be made a conditional offer, it would be the same as the published entry requirements.

Hana :smile:
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi @Tomi_23

Thank you for your interest in our Pharmacy MPharm Honours programme.

The standard entry requirements for this programme are AAB at A Level (or BBB at A Level for applicants eligible for a contextual offer; or BBC at A Level for applicants eligible for and applying through our PARTNERS Programme) including Chemistry and at least one of Biology, Mathematics or Physics at A Level and excluding Critical Thinking and General Studies. For Biology, Chemistry and Physics A Levels we require a pass in the practical element. Mathematics and English Language both required at GCSE, minimum grade C or 4, if not offered at A or AS Level. Offers are made subject to satisfying fitness to practise conditions.

You do not necessarily need to be predicted the exact grades for a particular course to be considered for a place as we consider a full application including personal statement and reference. All applications at Newcastle University are considered on an individual and case by case basis. However, if you were to be made a conditional offer, it would be the same as the published entry requirements.

Hana :smile:

If we have already made an application by 16th October 2023, when should we hear about an offer?
Original post by alevels21
If we have already made an application by 16th October 2023, when should we hear about an offer?

Hi @alevels21

We do try to process applications as quickly as we can. There is no normal timescale that we respond within because each application is considered individually. However, all applicants who apply before or on the 31st January 2024 will receive a decision by the 16th May 2024.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott
Reply 5
Original post by Tomi_23

hello same here ,i'm planning to apply to pharmacy uni this year and i'm thinking about applying to UCL.However,the grade requirements are AAB but my current predicted grades are A*BB so actually is there a point for me to apply? Will university even consider my application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending