The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL mpharm contextual offers

Would applying for a contextual offer from King's and having the exact grades needed (but have strong GCSEs, a good personal statement and am eligible for a contextual offer) lower my chances of getting an interview compared to people applying for standard entry? (This is for pharmacy btw)
Original post by _mangosmoothie_
Would applying for a contextual offer from King's and having the exact grades needed (but have strong GCSEs, a good personal statement and am eligible for a contextual offer) lower my chances of getting an interview compared to people applying for standard entry? (This is for pharmacy btw)

Someone eligible for a contextual offer who has grades (predicted or actual) which exactly match the required contextual grades should have the same likelihood of an offer as someone not eligible for a contextual offer who has grades which exactly match the standard offer.

However, I've never seen any evidence which confirms that the above is the case in reality.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Yeah generally around the same chances of someone in a similar position for the standard offer.
Reply 3
The point of contextual offers is to widen participation - so there wouldnt be much point in KCL signing up to this, and then not interviewing those applicants.
Original post by McGinger
The point of contextual offers is to widen participation - so there wouldnt be much point in KCL signing up to this, and then not interviewing those applicants.

Thank you so much 😊

Quick Reply

Latest