The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

PGCE

I’m just wondering how long it takes for them to respond to an application?
I’ve had a place offered by a school direct route, an interview for another school direct route but nothing from the university?
I’m currently a student here too
Original post by Anonymous
I’m just wondering how long it takes for them to respond to an application?
I’ve had a place offered by a school direct route, an interview for another school direct route but nothing from the university?
I’m currently a student here too

Have you contacted [email protected] for an update? Applications have only just opened a few days ago so the team will be working through applications at the moment.
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by CCCU Official
Have you contacted [email protected] for an update? Applications have only just opened a few days ago so the team will be working through applications at the moment.

I haven’t yet, what should I say?

I’m just worried that I’ll miss a deadline to accept my current offer if I keep waiting on the university to respond…
Reply 3
Original post by TheArcher

I’m just worried that I’ll miss a deadline to accept my current offer if I keep waiting on the university to respond…

I'd wait as uni-led courses are far superior.
Original post by TheArcher

Have the school direct routes given you a deadline for response?

If you did email, you can just explain exactly the same as you have here and they will be able to update but as applications have only just opened they are likely still talking to the relevant teams to make a decision.
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
I'd wait as uni-led courses are far superior.

I understand, however university have offered an interview or place. Whereas this route has. I’m not sure if I have a deadline to accept this offer, and it would be a shame to miss out on a place because the university is slow and possibly end up not even getting offered a place on the uni route.
Reply 6
I understand, however university have offered an interview or place. Whereas this route has. I’m not sure if I have a deadline to accept this offer, and it would be a shame to miss out on a place because the university is slow and possibly end up not even getting offered a place on the uni route.

Haven’t *
Reply 7

I think it's highly likely you'll get an offer if you've already received one from elsewhere. Honestly the support will be far superior on a uni-led course ... I would never apply to a schools direct or even worse Teach First.

It's worth checking if you do have a deadline, just pop the school/provider an email and ask as this is an important part of comparing offers and they shouldn't put you in a position to confirm your choice before you have had time to compare.

Can I just check you have applied for PGCE Sept 2024 entry? If so, as I said applications only opened last week so it's unlikely any university will have got back to most applicants yet as these decisions take time. It's not the team being slow on purpose. As I said though, if you do want to check on the status please do email the team who will be more than happy to help you.
Reply 9
Original post by Muttley79
I think it's highly likely you'll get an offer if you've already received one from elsewhere. Honestly the support will be far superior on a uni-led course ... I would never apply to a schools direct or even worse Teach First.

I hope you don’t mind me asking but why are you so against the school direct routes? Personal experience?
I hope you don’t mind me asking but why are you so against the school direct routes? Personal experience?

Experience of supporting teachers failed by these training routes ...

Often students are in class too early and expected to teach before they are equipped to do so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending