The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

QMUL clearing for business

Ok so I will most likely have predicted grades of ABC in Spanish maths and cs respectively but ik i can easily get a*aa at a minimum in my actual exams and therefore meet the requirements for business management an QMUL. But obviously my predicted grades are currently 3 grades below (requirement is aaa) which means my chances of getting accepted rn is close to nothing. But this is one of the only unis I want to go to, and I can’t take a gap year. Is it possible for me to get in through clearing? Idk the chance of business management being available in clearing. Or equally I could apply to one of the joint business courses and it’s possible I could be made an offer since the requirements are lower (abb) , and then swap later? The issue is I don’t want to study the joint courses since it’s mostly the other subject and ideally I don’t want to study econ either, I only rlly want to study business. Any advice?
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so I will most likely have predicted grades of ABC in Spanish maths and cs respectively but ik i can easily get a*aa at a minimum in my actual exams and therefore meet the requirements for business management an QMUL. But obviously my predicted grades are currently 3 grades below (requirement is aaa) which means my chances of getting accepted rn is close to nothing. But this is one of the only unis I want to go to, and I can’t take a gap year. Is it possible for me to get in through clearing? Idk the chance of business management being available in clearing. Or equally I could apply to one of the joint business courses and it’s possible I could be made an offer since the requirements are lower (abb) , and then swap later? The issue is I don’t want to study the joint courses since it’s mostly the other subject and ideally I don’t want to study econ either, I only rlly want to study business. Any advice?

If you want to go to QMUL and think that you can meet the requirements then put them as one of your 5 choices. This maximises your chances of getting an offer and if you don’t get an offer then it makes you more attractive in august whether they advertise space in clearing or not.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
If you want to go to QMUL and think that you can meet the requirements then put them as one of your 5 choices. This maximises your chances of getting an offer and if you don’t get an offer then it makes you more attractive in august whether they advertise space in clearing or not.

Ok thank you I’ll apply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending