The Student Room Group

Cambridge foundation year

Hi guys, I got BBD at my first a level attempt, I’m resitting this year an I’m predicting A*AA. Is it worth applying to the foundation year at Cambridge as I’m eligible or because I am predicted the normal entry requirements I’ll get rejected?
Also the more criterias u meet is that a higher chance of getting in?
Given you've put this in medical schools I feel I should check that you know that the Cambridge foundation course only leads to humanities such as History, and English and Philosophy and doesn't do progression to the stem degrees such as medicine
Also, the minimum requirements are BBB. I too will be applying this year.

I believe the foundation year may accept your grades as they realise that even the best students have 'bad days'.

This is coming straight from their website:

Re-sits, delays, qualification availability and other factors

We recognise that even the best students can have 'bad days' when an exam doesn’t quite go to plan. Therefore, we’re not concerned if an applicant has retaken or is planning to retake a few modular units for which the results obtained are clearly out of character. A higher number of retakes would also be acceptable if justified by circumstances beyond the applicant’s control, as explained through their eligibility for the Foundation Year and made clear in the application (reference and Extenuating Circumstances Form). Delays in completing qualifications, and being unable to complete the qualifications you need, are among the eligibility criteria for this programme.
(edited 6 months ago)
According to the open lecture we had a while ago, the answer to your second question is a resounding no!

EDIT: Good luck everyone!!!!
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending