The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Access to Leeds

I have a question about A2L:
Leeds is not my 1st choice uni, so should I apply for A2L and if i get an offer from my top uni, reject the Leeds one or should i wait to see if i get an offer from my top uni and then if I dont, apply for A2L.
Reply 1
Original post by FlyingAir
I have a question about A2L:
Leeds is not my 1st choice uni, so should I apply for A2L and if i get an offer from my top uni, reject the Leeds one or should i wait to see if i get an offer from my top uni and then if I dont, apply for A2L.

What course are you applying for? Am presuming it’s not Medicine or Dental Surgery as deadline is 1st Nov but, even so, the A2L deadline for everything else is 31st Jan. What if you haven’t heard back from your other choices by then? Not sure whether you are WP and eligible for contextual offers at your other options but if you have already applied to Leeds then imo you should submit your A2L now. My daughter has already heard back from them to confirm her eligibility. Having that information might be helpful for you when you are making your decision. If you don’t ultimately want to select Leeds, you won’t have lost anything but if you have not submitted your A2L application, then any offer you get from Leeds will reflect that ie it won’t be contextual. If you are entitled to this, then take it. What if you don’t get any other offers? I would err on the side of caution and apply for A2L now. The more back-up the better!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest