The Student Room Group

PGCE Application Work Experience

On the PGCE Application form the Work Experience section either says 'yes' or 'no, I've always been in full-time education'. And, when you click 'yes' to having work experience it assumes it's experience since leaving education.

My friend is applying - he's always been in full-time education but has paid work experience at a Summer School and as a Youth Worker. How should he put this in the application?
Original post by userhep
On the PGCE Application form the Work Experience section either says 'yes' or 'no, I've always been in full-time education'. And, when you click 'yes' to having work experience it assumes it's experience since leaving education.

My friend is applying - he's always been in full-time education but has paid work experience at a Summer School and as a Youth Worker. How should he put this in the application?

Hello @userhep

Both you and your friend would benefit from a Get into Teaching adviser to go through your applications for teacher training courses.

Classroom or work experience is not a mandatory part of your application, but it is certainly useful to help you to decide if teaching is for you, what phase or subject are you best suited to, what kind of educations ethos or philosophy do you most align with. Any relevant experience, ought to me mentioned, whether it be paid or un-paid experience.

You can get some classroom experience here.

Wishing you both the best in your applications, Jane

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending